This piece by Evan Drolet Cook got me thinking about perception, and hubris, and how for the most part, our reputation around the world has the taint of arrogance and naïveté when it comes to world view. Obviously, for some of us, this is not the case, but in general, Cook’s rendition of the North American map is a good reminder of all we may not have experienced. And though Americans are used to seeing this meme of a world view…let’s not forget…there’s a whole big world beyond this continent…just sayin’….
The creatives at Holstee have tapped into something. Their manifesto for life seems to have ignited a subculture to remember that:
Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion.
(it has been viewed over 50,000,000 times!)
In keeping with the vibe of their graphic, (which is available as an 18×24″ poster printed on 100% recycled
JR is a French conceptual artist who works in the streets hanging massive photos in public spaces. His art has transcended the streets with shows at Tate Modern and Centre Pompidou. In 2011 he won a TED prize, and Forbes Magazine has featured him in their 30 Under 30. At mixingreality we love him too,
- The art of Scott Scheidly seems apropos of wishing our readers a Happy Valentine’s Day. May your hearts grow loveliness today and always.
See more work by Scott Scheidly at Hi*Fructose.
- Feelgood Style | Sustainable fashion reporting, organic beauty tips, DIY projects + tutorials, + natural product reviews. on How Barbie Helps Us See That Healthy is the New Skinny
- Dominique on Video of the day : Jonathan Harris : Today
- Inspire Me | a story on Video of the day : Jonathan Harris : Today
- Dominique on Be Guy Fawkes with OWS Bandana by Matthew Borgatti
- Ron on Be Guy Fawkes with OWS Bandana by Matthew Borgatti